Friday 19 February 2010

right now i'm obsessed with...

Hayao Miyazaki

I'm off school right now on half term, and every day on Film4 I've been watching Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli) films. Favourites right now are My Neighbour Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso (which I JUST watched and is amazing) and Spirited Away, though I've only seen a bit of it. I also saw NausicaƤ of the Valley of Wind but I wasn't as enraptured by it as I was the other films. They have this ethereal thing going on; they make perfect sense as insane fairy tales and heartwarming stories. So there's a rugged pilot who has the face of a pig? A woodland spirit who kills everything around him in search for his head? A bus that is a giant cat? Yeah, it just seems to fit when you're watching the films. But when you try and explain the story, you realise how mad it is.

These Adverts!

One is an advert for Smirnoff parties - basically really cool parties which I wish I could go to. But I looked on the website and you have to be over 21...even if you are a UK resident. Annoyed much? It makes sense, seeing as the legal drinking age in America is 21, but here it's 18 and I'm only two years off. Grr.
Still, the advert has me glued to the televison each time it comes on. I would put a link to it BUT long story short, I can't vew anything on youtube as I haven't 'installed the latest flash player' so nuts to that. It has people in costumes as ravens and toadstools and lions and princesses. It is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

And the second advert is a perfume advert for a Gucci perfume, Flora. It has a version of Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love' playing and a girl in a field of flowers with all the flowers rushing everywhere...oh, you can youtube it. I love it.

By the way, all this talk of adverts isn't me trying to make you buy things, or making me want to buy things. Perfume is always ridiculously expensive (I myself still wear Diesel Fuel For Life which I recieved two Christmases ago) and obviously I am too young to purchase Smirnoff. Even though it's nice.

So that's what I'm obsessed with right now.

TTFN, Ta Ta For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment