Wednesday 7 April 2010

amélie, mayfair and hair dye.

Hung out at my sister's flat yesterday, and watched Amélie. If you haven't seen it, all you need to know is it's a rather lovely story about a french girl who decides to devote her time making people's lives good. I know, it's sound a bit 'Pollyanna,' but bear with me. She helps people appreciate their lives using odd techniques, such as forging a letter to a grief stricken woman from her dead husband, or returning a box of memories to a middle aged man, or walking a blind man quickly down a pavement and describing rapidly what is going on around him. At first I thought it was going to be a bit kitsch, but as it has many adult references in it it gets evened out. Is nice.
I also quit smoking for what seems to be roughly the twentieth time. After staying up late, smoking ciggy after ciggy and damn near retching, I quit (for the time being).

And I dyed my hair, again. I went from this copper/mousey colour (occurring after strpping my hair of as much colourant as possible):


To this...


I like red. <3
Basically this picture demonstrates the red the best it can. Although in reality the hair is just a weencey bit MORE red.

that's all today. x.

1 comment:

  1. I am now going to comment, I don't care that I'm the only person who comments but...

    I actually LOVE Amélie - it's so so so good and sweet and just everything (the soundtrack is excellent too :D) I have a book which is kinda similar (and equally amazing) about a man who gets instructions to help people. I think you’d like it - I'll lend it to you if you like :P

    I'm liking the new hair and the quitting of smoking. Hope you’re having a good holiday xx

    ReplyDelete