Monday 26 July 2010

'I got freedom and my youth'

Okay okay I'm late, but I'm here now so stop shouting.

So since last time, I guess I've collected a few titbits of interesting things to share with you. Firstly...






I really did just stumble upon this from seeing it in my Facebook feed and I fell in love. I'm not going to pretend I'm some sort of skateboarding prodigy, I can only just go round corners without falling off, but I do have a lot of appreciation for it. I think I really got into it, the whole grunge/punk/skate culture when I was about 9. I was a walking talking tomboy cliché, I'll admit it. But I do still have a soft spot for it. And this video just makes me feel so laid back. There's never a dull moment with it, and I can't think of a better track (or a better video for that track. I don't care if it already has a video). I just hope the people from it don't rain lawyers down on me, or worse, shut down the blog D:

I also got a hair cut today. I know I said I wouldn't do anything with it until next year but then i realised that's stupid because it's just hair and if you fancy getting it cut then just do, and it'll grow back anyway if you don't like it. That said, I do love my hair now. Before, one particular boy had said I looked like Kurt Russell.



Now that's not bad, and while admittedly eyepatches are scientifically proven to dramatically increase your awesomeness output, I'd rather not look like a man. So obviously I decided to go for a crop, the least masculine haircut invented.

...



(This is my eyepatch)


I think I might go ginger next, or bright bright red. Not sure yet. Though I have wanted to be ginger since I was a kid...


Seeing as this blog is a round-up of all things from when I was like 10, I think some music I got into at that age would finish it off nicely.

The Distillers- Drain The Blood


Slipknot- Before I Forget


My music taste has matured a lot since then. Though I still love The Distillers. And have a girl crush on Brody Dalle.

I should also mention now that I'm hoping to bring out a fanzine at some point, but I'm pretty busy as it is so it might be a while. Just look out for little paper zines littered around Canterbury. And I'm hoping to be a part of a website project by a friend of mine based on his own zine (which I don't know enough about yet and I don't want to jinx so I'll keep schtum about) but more on that when I know. If you fancy helping me smuggle zines about the place, or want to contribute articles, thoughts, whatever, you know who to call. (No, not Ghostbusters, you should call me.)

XXX

(The Distillers - Young Crazed Peeling)

No comments:

Post a Comment